I am sure Daniel of Tenkara USA would not mind if I repeated his reply here.

Hey Chris,

I just saw that a couple of hours ago. I thought I was registered on the site, but couldn?t log in or request a new password so I gave up.

Indeed I have generally slowed down our expansion of tenkara dealers, but expect to start opening up slowly and accepting new dealers soon. Do you think you could ask who the dealer was and explain that we?re taking it slowly to make sure we can support new dealers well?

Thanks a bunch,

Daniel
Tenkara USA

Now that we have a dedicated tenkara forum I will also urge that he contact admin and get his login problem solved. In this case it was just as easy for me to relay his reply, but going forward he should be here.

Just checked the phone number listed on their website http://www.tenkarausa.com/aboutusa.php and it is working now (leave message for call back), although 99% of my contact with Daniel is via email (address on same page of website).

I hope your friend's fly shop will try again to establish contact and will become a dealer as soon as Tenkara USA again begins accepting new dealers. There is a lot of value to being able to handle the rods before choosing which to get.

Hope this helps everyone concerned.

Best regards,
Chris