Thanks everyone.

I had so much fun yesterday I headed out for a little bit today as well. With the cold water temps most of the activity lately has been closer to the dam in this tailwater where the water is a little warmer. Today though I was pleasantly surprised to find rising fish in a run very low on the river cutting about 20 minutes off total drive time. The fish were again taking midges and they were pretty big midges. The #20 pattern I used because it was the biggest I had, and usually pretty much as big as I need was dwarfed by the naturals. Luckily a couple fish still played along. The first was another nice 18" fish that looked a lot like the two I landed yesterday. A few minutes later I was into fish number 2 that was a little bit smaller but fun none the less.

Then as quick as they came they were gone. Tis the way with these winter hatches. The come and they go, and it seems to be a mater of being in the right place at the right time. This week I feel pretty fortunate to have had a couple very nice outings.