Thread: Basic Question on twisting

Threaded View

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

ducksterman:

As I learned how to make them directly from Skip Shorb, I have never bothered to look at Jim's method. Thus, I cannot compare what I do to how Jim does it. Sorry.

What I do is, after I have completed the furling, I insert my nitpicker through the two loops on the end of each leg at the furling hook, and make the first loop in the Shorb loop process, which Skip refers to as making the 'lariat' loop. I put a large paperclip through this loop. I next put a large paperclip through the loop on the tensioner end before making the 'lariat' loop, to which I attach a 6oz egg weight. I have a pulley mounted in the ceiling of my garage with a 1/4' nylon rope suspended through it, with a dog leash clip on the end. I hook the leader to the leash clip by the paper clip on the butt end and haul it up until things clear the floor by about 6 inches, and let the thing twirl away as it relaxes. Once it has relaxed, I take it down and complete the Shorb loops later.

While the first one is relaxing, I string the next one. I will make several before finishing the Shorb loops.

I hope this makes sense.

aged sage
    Last edited by aged_sage; 01-19-2011 at 08:35 PM.