+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep things simple...:(

Default Keep things simple...:(

I know this has been said before , what happened to a tv you can just turn on and watch, radio's with on off buttons, cameras that just point and shoot? You know simple stuff like, want the volume to go up? Then just turn up the volume with the button or turn it down the same way, why does everything have 15 steps to get to the simple things. I know tech has come along way but me , I like like just turning something on and it works, push off and it goes off, push volume up or dwn and it does, i, i don't like having to have a 4 year college degree to turn on a TV...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I know what you mean. If I had to set any of the controls on my TV without a remote, I'd be totally lost. My wife actually has a stereo (boom box) that doesn't have an on off switch. You have to use the remote. Go figure.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I'm certainly glad for the advances in technology, but it seems like they're using those 4 year grads to think up ways to complicate things that oughta be simple. I guess they need employment too. Isn't much else left. Find you one of those, and keep him on retainer for when you want to turn on the set.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Amen Grubb. Amen.

We bought an air conditioner and discovered it came with a remote. How lazy do I need to be to need a remote to work the air conditioner??

When the boys finally leave home I don't know how we'll get these things to work.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

A couple of years back I had a Dodge Magnum company car. The remote was one piece with the key. The battery when dead and when I tried to replace the battery managed to screw up the connection. For a week or so I had to open the car with the key. Guess how many doors have a lock that can be operated with a metal key - ONE. Let someone pull up tight next to the drivers side and you are had. I have noticed most cars are the same way.

But living in Mississippi without air conditioning, or central heat until I was about grown and having an out house when I was a kid, I don't have a lot to fuss about now days. There are about a million drivers that get in your way regularly around Atlanta, but all of the roads are paved. No muddy gravel roads. Besides driving around with a few hundred thousand of your friends and neighbors keeps you reflexes sharp.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

PaDave,

Heck, I'm hoping to get a remote for this laptop! LOL!!! Yep, even my fans have remotes. Does make it nice though, when your in bed, and you need to adjust it (the fan!).

Grubb - Some of these new coffee pots are insane. Mine just has your on/off switch, and I believe it still can make coffee - whooed ah thunk it???

Best regards, Dave S.

Mine is pretty simple. I push one button and the tv turns on, the sound comes on, and the cable box turns on all at once. Nice. Park my rear in the easy chair and watch some baseball.......................................... .................. I miss baseball. Baseball is simple to understand.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

nighthawk Guest

Yes folks even the old W.C., the old Loo, the Throne, Porcelain goddess or whatever ya call it (we call it a toilet) has gone digital high tech. I provide with the following example:

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CGIQ8wIwAQ#

Go into any modern public restroom in a Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc... and you will note that the fixtures no longer have handles and knobs. Yep they are all infrared automatic jobs. Looks like even answering the call of nature is becoming modernized, hands off!

I bought a toaster a year or so ago, and it has digital controls on it. I have yet to put anything in it. If it's that smart, it can come and ask me what I want.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

I have griped for years that REAL progress (computers, tv, etc) is more & better functions PLUS being more "user friendly". As far as I'm concerned, we're goin' backwards!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread