+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: womans wading boot suggestions please

Default womans wading boot suggestions please

My wife has decided to start fly fishing with me. I won her over on a trip to Arkansas where i had her in a pair of waders with walmart imitation converse sneakers as wading boots. She is a womans size 9. I figure she needs a 10 for her stockingfoot. Her foot is thin, but I am wondering if I could get her in a pair for men, or is there a good womens wading boot just waiting to fit her foot like a glass slipper. She doesn't want me to go crazy with price not that price matters when your wife says take me fly fishing.

Thanks for the help

Try this:
    http://tinyurl.com/4h7gtpu

Go down one size. Try a men's 8.

That's a good suggestion chewy gave but sometimes you don't know till she tries them on and if she's like my lady they love trying on shoes till they get the right ones. She finally settled on a pair of Simms M's size 7, but she almost always wears heavy socks. Even though she wears a W's size 6. They seem to fit her really well and I find her wading further than before because she has a stable base.

-Jake

My wife, who has a narrow foot loves and will not ever change to another brand, her Chota wading boots. I also have a pair and they are great boots. Excellent fit, light as a feather, great ankle supprt and good ankle cushioning to help keep gravel and sand out.

My daughter loves her Korkers that I bought her last fall. She has very tiny feet and the Korkers fit to a tee.

Best bet, take your wife shoe shopping, if possible. Take neoprene socks or her waders and have her try on the boots and walk a bit in them. Nothing ruins a fine day of fishing like boots that hurt your feet or don't give proper support.

If that's not possible, have her foot measured at a shoe store wearing her neo socks or waders. Most shoe stores will be helpful, especially if she's a return customer. Then order the appropriate size.

If your stuck with mail order, pick a dealer with a liberal return policy so you can experiment until you find a pair that fits and supports her foot well.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Blog Entries

I got a new pair of "high heels' for Christmas, Simm's Freestones and I love the support they give. My last pair were Chota's and were light and comfy and served me well. Biggest thing is a proper fit, have her take her waders and the socks she plans to wear fishing and go shopping!!

My wife uses Korkers and loves them.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

I got a pair of the Cabela's ultralights, they now come studded for women, and fit like they were made for me.

I've owned several 'brands' over the years, very best: Chota Quick lace-up system and lightweight, hold up wonderfully.

My wife wears Chota in a wide boot, but her most comfortable are Orvis boot foots, which keeps her feet warmer.

Blog Entries

every time i buy boots, i get a different brand because i seem to buy them in different stores. each and every one has fit well and been good to me.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: TAKE YOUR WADERS TO THE STORE TO TRY ON BOOTS!!!

mail order advice: LLBean has the most patient staff and experts on the telephone.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

+ Reply to Thread