+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: womans wading boot suggestions please

Bedlam: I wear women's size 9 AA (like your wife's feet?) - very hard to find shoes in this size. I can't just walk into your average shoe store and find shoes that fit me. Fortunately, men's Korkers in size 9 work really well for me as long as i wear thick socks (eg. The thickest smart wool socks) with liner socks. If she can find some to try, she might check Korkers. More specifically, I have last year's version with the boa lacing system.

What Casey said. TAKE THE WADERS and try the boot on with them. I used to get Chota boots, but my waders had a lighter (and smaller bootie). When I upgraded my waders, I could no longer get them in the Chota boots. I ended up with Cabela Ultralights. Great for the price. I tried on a lot more boots over the years and the ones I ended up getting last summer was the Orvis River Guard Side Zip Brogue With EcoTrax Soles . Best boots I've had, bar none. I love them even better than the Chota's. The Ovis ones were the easiest boots I've ever to put on...add to that, great support and well built. I'll never look back.

I wear a womens 9.5 but I have a wide foot. If your wife has a narrow foot, you'll probably have more luck with the womens sized boots. Alway go up at least one full size.
    My casual shoes and hiking boots etc are Mens size 8.5. I get them for the width. My wading boots are usually a Men's 11. The reason is the stocking foot is huge on my waders, (think Bozo the Clown). The Ovis boots I bought were so roomy that I was able to go down to a 10 (mens). I was very glad I didn't take a chance and mail order them, like I almost did. TRY THEM ON FIRST!!! Once you've hit one...you can stick with it, IF you don't change your waders (model).
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Thanks for all the tips. For the first time ever, I am excited about shoe shopping with my wife! We will make a night of it, get a babysitter, get dressed up...in our waders and hit the town. I've got a new fishing vest I could wear to the mall and let her fill the pockets with what she buys. I'll have to but my vibram sole on my korkers to be store floor friendly.

+ Reply to Thread