+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having to move and I dislike moving....

Nooooooo!!! Buddy!! find a library some where!! We can't be without you! LOL
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by jimsnarocks View Post
    Buddy, When that happened to me I bought the house so I wouldnt have to move. I hope you get Larry the cable guy and not that freak Jim Carey. Good luck. Jim
    Oh, so that is how you are supposed to do it. We bought and sold 3 houses in the past 12 years. Now in number 4. We kept making money on them so we kept buying and selling. We are here for awhile now until the housing market improves at least.

Good luck with your move buddy.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

After getting out of the Air Force, the first two houses we rented got sold out from under us and luckily with the renters laws in VT the new owners got to wait 90 days for us to move out. I had box's from when I got out that I hadn't gone through. the last move we went through everything!!!!!!! and if we hadn't used it within the last 2 years it went in the yard sale, planned it great 3 weekends in a row with new stuff every time.

I truly couldn't believe how much crap we had sitting around in box's and it really cleaned everything out. course my wife wish's I would have gotten rid of some fishing stuff but that wasn't happening.

I gotta say though if the guys bank had offered a good enough deal to take over the guys mortage at a reduced rate and decent payment I'd have gone for it. 20 years you must have liked the house.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Buddy,

Just like Fatman, I moved numerous times while in the military, and a few times while at each location. The worst was just like your situation - was renting a home through a Realtor, who found out that the owners were not paying their mortgage, so the Realtor was keeping our rent. ( called a strawman ) We had come back from vacation to find a sheriffs notice on our door. We moved from Henderson Nv. to Boulder City NV. using our 2 jeeps to shuttle our entire household in one weekend! And the real kick in the head, was that the Realtor skipped out with our deposits. We were offered the option to buy the house, but at that point just wanted to get the heck out of there! Good luck with your situation. An option to buy (as Fatman stated) might be workable for you.

Best regards, Dave S.

Buddy,
    Sorry you have to uproot and move, it can be a trying experience.
    I recently had the opportunity to help someone else move, I learned a few valuable lessons.
    They were an elderly couple who had spent the last 35 years in the same house, the first 30 years of their married life
    they had spent traveling the world while in the Air Force. This time they were down sizing to a retirement home.
    They had never thrown anything out, including things from their kid's, stuff they had inherited from their parents and other relatives.
    It took seven weeks to complete the move, and lots of tears.
    Everything had a story and a memory attached to it, I think that is why it took so long,we had to discuss the disposition of things that wouldn't fit into the new house. I have become the recipient of family heirlooms and the memories that go with them, plus I am storing things for other family members until they can pick them up. All in all, it has been a wonderful time. I became closer to my Aunt and Uncle and learned things about my family I never knew.
    Yes, moving can be problematic but, it can also be a wonderful opportunity.
    Hope all goes well with the move.
    Chris
    There are no atheist in a trout stream.

Default I dislike moving

Does anyone like it?
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Well...if you are moving to another state, for example, you can always hope the fishing is better there. It takes awhile to learn all the new good places to fish, but that's part of the fun!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

moved 12 times in the last 22 years, also due to military duties. Each time I disliked the moving process more- although we were happy to get the hell out of a few places. Renting the same place for 20 years though? Holy Crap.

FishDog- your story is interesting, I lived in Boulder City Nv '92-96... now I'm just down the river a piece from you.

Default "three year rule"

I have been living in the same house with he same woman for 30 years, and she has not thrown me out, and I have not thrown her out either (although there were some close calls in those 30 years)!

As for "Stuff" I have a "Three Year Rule", if I have not worn it, sat on it, read it, used it, or even though about it in three years, it is "Out Of Here!"

Books get dropped in the Library Night-time deposit slot, with a nice anonymous note saying either add it to your collection or sell it at the next Library Book Sale.

Large Items get put at curb-side with the word "FREE" normally they are gone in less than 20 minutes (record was 15 seconds for a swing set)!

Clothing goes to the the "Savers" who fund the Military Veterans that have been awarded "Purple Hearts"!

I have a really nice "Band Saw" on permanent loan (I do not sell things to friends), so if I ever will have a need for a Band Saw, I know where mine is (which means it is not in my house anymore take up space)!

A fly rod that I repaired for my wife's uncle, is not on long term loan to a fly angler who is an instructor with the FFF, who really liked the action of the St.Croix 7 wt Fiberglass fly rod. It is understood if the family wants it back that it will come back!

In Minnesota we do not take things to the dump, just about everything go to the "Recycle Centers", that includes just about everything!

When my time spent above ground is done, I have ear-marked where most of my stuff will find new homes! ~Parnelli

My 62nd birthday, is February 9th, and on the 10th I will start my 63rd year on this planet (called Earth), as it circles the "Sun" as our "Solar System" rotates in the "Milky Way" Galaxy, that also rotates around the Universe! ~Parnelli

As far as my life has gone so far, I am just along for the ride! Just hoping that my transfer ticket gets punched for my next destination!
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Actually bobbyg, I would move again in a heart beat!!

jszymczyk - ( do you want to buy a vowel! LOL!!!) Be careful down there in central Pa. There's a character living down that way, that has this thing with rockets! Right!, Nighthawk???

Best regards, Dave S.

+ Reply to Thread