Actually the cost was pretty good. We were off season, as the biggest Tarpon are there in the Spring. The outfitter provides everything from 2 nights in Havana, ground transport, skiffs, all the meals (except 2 suppers in Havana). The set price includes 30 drinks on the Tortuga, guides, meals, skiffs, lodging etc.

I suppose it sounds expensive, but depending on the season, group size etc, a Christmas trip costs between 3-3500 usd. Add airfare to Havana, tips etc and it is a pretty good price for 5 star treatment and quality of fishing. Here in Northen Quebec, a run on a fly-in salmon camp can cost 3x that!

I used this outfit because I wasn't sure I'd really like flats fishing (ha!). I wanted to be absolutely certain tha I would get into Bonz ... and I did!

Would I go back to the same outfit, ... I am already planning a future trip! Would I recommend them to friends, probably, ... I would have to make sure I understand what they are looking for. The Tortuga experience is a bit "intensive". If a non-fishing friend/spouse comes along, they may find it isolated (there is snorkeling, diving etc). As with any outfitter, you must really consider what you are looking for, communicate a lot and do a bit of soul searching to make sure everyone comes out ahead.

Tight Lines!