+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Albright Company

Hybrid View

1. Question Albright Company

Recently, I was perusing Albright's web site. Previously, they had great sales on all of their fly rods and other supplies. I had been saving my money to buy an A-5 rod. While looking at it the other day, the prices of that rod have almost tripled from what they were. You could get an A-5 rod for under $300.00. Now all of a sudden, their new A-5 (which is called an A-5 ***new name) is over $550.00. All of their prices have increased dramatically. Has the company changed owners. Does anyone know why the "sudden" increase in prices with this company?

Howdy WCU and welcome to the party,
    I recently purchased a 15' Spey rod from them for only $79.00 + tax and shipping and it is one awesome peice of work. and ive noticed that when they run those sales they are testing to see if people are really paying attention to their sales department .
    I could be wrong but there is alotta competition out there and thats why they drop prices so low they just want to draw attention to their product.
    Just my 2 cents I'm not always right.
    Whatever the price they re worth what ya pay for and they stand behind their products 100%....I highly recommend em

Many manufacturers will discount last years inventory prior to the release of a new line.

Blog Entries

Albright has some great sales starting in October and running thru December. Like Ray said, they are most likely selling off that years stock to make room for the newer line and or to reduce inventory.

Larry ---sagefisher---

WCUboy,

Retail 101: Drop prices when the demand is the least, raise them when demand is at it's peak.

Sales over until next fall.

Most fly fishing type businesses run their 'sales' in the fall, when buying interest in fly fishing gear is at it's lowest.

Now that we're heading into spring, anglers are thinking about fishing more and about holidays/work/family issues less. Folks are actively shopping for gear, so now is the time for sellers of tackle to go 'full retail' and try to make some profits.

Basically, you missed it for 2010. But if you are patient, it will come back around again in 2011.

Also, there are many sources for tackle other than Albright. If you take the time to shop around, you can find great gear at good prices from a plethora of sources.

Good Luck!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Greetings from an Albright rod owner, and a member of a club wherein others have recently purchased Albrights (partly from my recommendation).

I think Albright has a sale whenever there is a Holiday or reason to celebrate. That might not be what THEY think, but that is the model I use when telling others what to look for. On that basis I would not worry, but look to the next opportunity, like Jan. 17, or Feb. 2, or Feb. 14. Sign up for their Email newsletter and they will tell you when the next sale begins. Whenever the price does NOT seem discounted, it seems to be soon after. The non-discounted price on the website is the MSR, so you could expect to pay that at a shop.

Secondly, a friend of mine liked my A5 6wt and ordered a 4wt. They were out of A5s, so they sent him an A5-NS. Another friend just received his 7wt XXT, which by the time it reached his door in Canada cost a total of only $225Cdn (inc. duty). So I don't think it is necessarily a clearance of past models.

Thirdly, I received an inexpensive gift rod from them when I purchased my A5, and the gift rod had a blemish. I emailed Albright to discuss. The result was an email conversation with the president (him on his BlackBerry!), resolving the situation, and also pointing out that the remaining 'gift' rods would be donated to the Boy Scouts. I certainly have confidence in Albright after that, and recommend them.

BTW, my view is the A5 rods are med. to med-fast only, and wonderful for rollcasting. In the 'language' of our club they are 'fishing rods', not 'casting rods', IE you’re not going to bang out distance casts into the wind. The XXT is quite fast and would do well to be overlined by 1.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg H; 01-08-2011 at 04:53 PM.

I bought thier topwater 3 wt in Oct. 2009 and last year got a 5wt Topwater in Oct. Their October sales are great and I'm well pleased with their rods, I'm guessing though, you'll have to wait till next year?
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Good sticks, wait for the sales, as has been pointed out!
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

+ Reply to Thread