+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Footage of Pacific Sun Cruise Ship Caught in Storm

Default Footage of Pacific Sun Cruise Ship Caught in Storm

I could never imagine going on a cruise and have this take place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6up7m6r_s1k
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Blog Entries

I was on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean when it was like that. I had to hold onto the table in the mess hall or I would slide away from the table. The tables were bolted down but not the chairs. All the tables had high lips or edges on them to keep the trays on the tables and not the floors. Funny thing, there never was a long line at the mess hall when the weather was like that.

That was incredible. Reminds me of the old Star Trek episodes when the Klingons made a direct hit.

That would be frightening for sure. It reminds me of when I was an Air Traffic Contoller in the Army. We were on duty in the control tower 110 feet above ground level and the top of the tower was swaying 6 feet one way from center, then 6 feet the other way when two tornadoes spawned by Hurricane Camille in August of '69 came through our airfield. The sergeant in charge asked for volunteers only, but all 4 of us stayed on duty. We got over 100 aircraft on the ground safely, then watched as the high winds flipped over the airplanes that had landed and weren't tied down. Funny thing is, we were too busy to be scared, but we should have been. We watched both tornadoes cut a swath through the wood snapping giant trees off about 6-8 feet off the ground. What a mess.
    Sorry for the Hi-Jack, but I got started sharing and couldn't stop.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
    I was on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean when it was like that. I had to hold onto the table in the mess hall or I would slide away from the table. The tables were bolted down but not the chairs. All the tables had high lips or edges on them to keep the trays on the tables and not the floors. Funny thing, there never was a long line at the mess hall when the weather was like that.

Heck I have been on a Washington State ferry heading over to Lopez when it was like that. 2 feet of water on the car deck. I watched as the crew tried to lash a car down that didn't have an emergency brake. They almost lost it. It did manage to hit a couple of other vehicles before they wrangled it.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Did ya see the guy hangin onto the piano ? It just pulled eem around like a mosquito slidin on glass..lol...that was scary to those folks for sure.

Blog Entries

jeffro,

If he was a really dedicated musician, he would have still been playing the piano, I mean, after all, the music played on as the Titanic went under.

Ok, a joke.

That was a really dangerous situation and I couldn't believe the people didn't get out of danger faster than they did.

Larry ---sagefisher---

LOLLOL.....I bet that thing weighs at least 1,000 lbs or close they were lucky it didnt hurt someone.....what a shocker it was to the bartender and all the participants....Man-o-man I woulda wanted my money back....LOLlllllloooolllllll....woulda ruined a perfecktly good buzzz
    I can't seem ta find the sweet taste of the stream

+ Reply to Thread