I want to take a moment to express my deepest gratitude to all of you here at FAOL. Thanks to your many prayers and well wishes my health has returned to near normal conditions. The insulin is working, the thyroid hormone levels are back to normal and the weight gained during the fight with the thyroid is finally coming back off. I can actually hike miles, yes miles again and feel really great at the end of the hike.

Even more importantly to me is the good news from my mom. Doctors are treating her with an experimental drug and have begun to reverse the effects of her Age Related Macro Degeneration! He right eye is fine and she is regaining the vision in her left eye. Additionally my uncle's brain tumor has been arrested and he is much improved.

All of this would not have happened without all of you doing your thing for us. I and my family are forever in your debt. You are a wonderful bunch of folks here. I am so grateful for all of you. Thank you for all you have done.

Oh yeah, I did follow your advice and hung onto some of my fly fishing gear. I think if I don't give it at least one more chance Amy will beat me up with my 5/6 Wt 9 footer. I also just bought a nice old Wright-McGill glass rod. Probably paid too much but couldn't resist. I got a feeling that the slower glass and bamboo rods will fit my different outlook a bit better than the graphite. I am really into slowing it down to enjoy the days my maker has left to me in this life.

Okay, done rambling. Again thanks all for being so kind and wonderful to me.

God Bless,
Eric