Thread: February salmon-fly swap

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default February salmon-fly swap

Greetings! I know there are a few salmon-fly aficionados here lurking about so this thread is for you! This is an interest/heads-up post for a swap I'd like to host in February. I know a lot of swaps are going on right now and I don't want anyone to feel overcommitted so this is a heads-up, if you'd be interested in participating, so you can plan accordingly.

I am thinking of limiting it to 3 or 4 tyers, or, if more are interested, have separate swap groups so that people aren't tying 12 salmon flies in a month. (not sure yet whether to make it fully-dressed or not, it kinda depends whether I've even tied my first fully-dressed salmon fly by that point.)

Also - I heard about a past salmon fly swap that may have left a bad taste in everyone's mouth due to the swapmeister never sending out the flies he had received, and then disappearing. I'd say precisely what I think of such dastardly behavior but I try to keep my posts rated PG.
    I think you guys know me well enough by now to know that I consider the friendships and community here to be priceless - that I wouldn't give it up or take advantage of the generosity and kindness you have all blessed me with for any number of salmon flies, or any number of anything else for that matter. Besides, too many of you know where I live...

I attached some pictures of some flies I have tied, which are representative of the kind of flies I had in mind for the swap if it ends up being not fully-dressed. But I'm flexible.

Karli-Rae

Last edited by AlbaSurf; 01-06-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: ummm... I forgot how to change the display size of the pictures... oops!
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.