+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desktops

Hybrid View

Smile Desktops

What I remember from the last time we did this, was the comment by one our BB members that his son just loved to sit in his lap while he scrolled through the pix posted from around the country by other members.

How about a Birch Creek Valley ID elk herd to start '11. These are just a few of the 85 or so that I counted.

John
    The fish are always right.

This is my current desktop wallpaper, took it last spring while sitting in our fifth wheel and tying on a rainy night.

Hope everyone can see it, still playing around with Flickr settings
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

John,

You went to Birch Creek? Whine, whimper. Talk about a great fishing small stream. Too bad there are no fish in it. John,, VEE and I plan on being at the Idaho Falls show and maybe hitting Birch the day after the show. Hopefully all the other rivers won't be blown out like last time. Makes for a better drive home when we can stop and fish a bit.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

that's my dilema, go to idaho and tie at the expo or go in july and fish. i never did much care for fishing birch creek but i would love to go and tie. money wise it's one or the other.

this is my desktop. it'll be this one or one of the several snake river photos or something from yellowstone.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

sometimes this one.

The Snake (South Fork) from Clark Hill rest area

"There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    Wes' Pattern Book

Default It's been a while ...

... Ron, but Birch Creek Valley is one of my 13,000 favorite places, and I just happened to have this pic on the desktop when I thought about starting the thread. Great small stream fishing, great scenery, and quite the variety of wildlife.

Wes - the South Fork should be fishing well during the Expo. Fishing it during July pretty much requires a drift boat or wading rather limited areas due to the irrigation flows. Don't know when, or where exactly, you fished Birch Creek, but if it was down by the campground, I would definitely understand why you didn't much care to fish it. But on up a way, there's a lot a fun fishing, if you like small streams, anyway, and the scenery is much better.

John
    The fish are always right.

Wes,

That first one just knocks my socks off. Breath taking scenery under an angry, threatening sky. Makes me want to be there, with a good wall tent, coffe pot and stew on the stove and plenty of firewood stacked in a dry place.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Wes - the South Fork should be fishing well during the Expo. Fishing it during July pretty much requires a drift boat or wading rather limited areas due to the irrigation flows. Don't know when, or where exactly, you fished Birch Creek, but if it was down by the campground, I would definitely understand why you didn't much care to fish it. But on up a way, there's a lot a fun fishing, if you like small streams, anyway, and the scenery is much better.

John
    john, believe me i know the snake beginning at palisades dam ending at hagerman valley.
    Wes' Pattern Book

+ Reply to Thread