+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stupid is, as stupid does!

Default Stupid is, as stupid does!

Forest Gump was right about the "Stupid is, as stupid does!" I forgot to remove a unopened can of "Dr. Pepper" from my Saturn VUE, and over-night the temperature dropped below 0 degrees F. I went out to my vehicle the next day, and found that the Dr. Pepper had exploded all over the front seats of the vehicle, the vehicle controls and switches, the inside of the wind shield, the steer wheel and all the front panels.

What a mess!

Took me a long time to scape all the frozen fizzy stuff off of every thing, including the slot in the CD player for the CD. Brushed it all onto the floor mats and shook the mats off off outside. I had to go inside to warm up a couple of times before the job was complete.

So let everyone know that unopened aluminum soda pop cans are now consider explosive devices when left out in the car interior when the temperature drops down below zero degrees F. ~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

Bummer. I hate sticky.

I'll have remember that one for revenge purposes! Sorry to hear about that and hope you have no lingering isses from it.

Just another hazzard of the frozen North
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Jimsnarocks,

I'm thinking the same thing could happen to a can of Dr Pepper left on the dash of a vehicle with it's windows wound up, in da Mojave Desert? And I'm thinking you probably don't even have to have the winders wound up, or the can on your dash, now that I think of it!!! I remember leaving the weather station in the morning after a night of 36 below temps in Plattsburgh, N.Y. My tires had flat spots on them, and when I drove off, all 4 tires were just athumpin to beat the band, until they finally warmed up. The seat in my jeep was as hard as a rock. It's funny now!!!

Best regards, Dave S.

Steven,

I am going to take exception to your use of the word "Stupid" to describe an act of “absence mindlessness”. Had you intentionally left the soda in the car, that would have been stupid, not remembering to remove it does not rise to the stupid standard. As someone who is somewhat frequent absence minded I object to people who know me having circumstantial evidence that I am becoming stupid.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

You're not alone. I did the same thing years ago when Pepsi still came in glass bottles. At least then the bottle only snapped in two but there was the frozen slushie on the floor mat on a morning I was running late. I just didn't turn the heat on.
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

Quote Originally Posted by fishdog54 View Post
    Jimsnarocks,

I'm thinking the same thing could happen to a can of Dr Pepper left on the dash of a vehicle with it's windows wound up, in da Mojave Desert? And I'm thinking you probably don't even have to have the winders wound up, or the can on your dash, now that I think of it!!! .
    Doesn't have to be the desert, either. I grew up in Morro Bay, CA, in the Fog Belt of CA. The temp rarely goes above 85. I had a 6 pak of Coke obliterate the back of my car in high school, after a warmish (75ish??) day of full sun.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

A six pack of Moosehead left in the back seat floorboard overnight under identical circumstances many years back after a trip to the midget races in the old Hoosier Dome...Same result, only more smell.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

+ Reply to Thread