A few years ago, after fishing for a week in Yellowstone, I decided to take a break from the bigger, "name" streams and head outside the park to a creek that was recommended by a guide in one of the flyshops. Had one of my most memorable days fishing ever; used nothing but attractor dries, had a blast catching cutt-bows (actually took a little time to get my timing down and hook them, they were a lot slower to the fly than the browns and bows I had been catching the previous week), none real big but a few pushing 12" and in that little stream that's a lot of fish. It was almost like a video game, the fish were holding where the fish should be and as long as I made a halfway decent cast they'd bite; flies didn't seem to matter so I stuck with something bright and bouyant. Went back the next year, figuring I had this place wired, hit it in the middle of a massive spruce moth "hatch" and barely caught anything; the ones I did bring to hand were stuffed to the gills with the moths. Can't wait to take another shot at them, though. Also have a few other streams I want to hit in the Bob Marshall when hiking this summer; don't think I'll have to worry about crowds.

Regards,
Scott