+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOMETHING FOR NOTHING - Ladyfisher - January 3, 2011

I have many articles that I have written for FAOL, over the past 13 years, I take the word "free lance writer" to mean that I write for free and that any reenumeration's is a bonus" A past FAOL article I wrote, is now being used as part of a fly fishing and rod building course for new fly anglers in Texas. I someone writes a book that is published, and I read a copy of that book, that I found at the Public Library, do I owe the writer money for reading his book?

I supply free CD's of "FAOL Fly Patterns" to members of FAOL for their own personnel use. PDF format using the free "Adobe Reader" download for viewing. All articles have a footnote that reads http://www.flyanglersonline.com

All articles have the author of the articles name. I do this so if FAOL does finally disappear (only take a switch to be turned off) that there will be thousands of CD with some, if not all of what has made FAOL the most popular weekly fly fishing magazine on the World Wide Web.

I started doing these CD's to help raise funds for the "Al Campbell Memorial Bench" which the free will offerings for the CD's added over $400 to the fund. Those who live outside the USA, I payed for the cost of the CD's and postage out of my own pocket. For those inside the USA, I deducted the cost of the CD, Label, CD Sleeve, Mailing Envelope, and Postage. Since then I have been offering these CD at no cost to anyone.

This is how I am helping to "Pay Forward" for all the help, learning and friendship that I have found on FAOL!

FAOL has never charged anyone a fee for any article on FAOL, that they have read! By my understandings of these same FAOL Rules are still in place,since I joined FAOL in October 1997 ~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

I have several of Parnelli's CD's of the Fly Of The Week and cherish them. I am so thankful to have them and so thankful to be a member of FAOL. Great place/family and great people as members. Nothing out there compares to what we have here on FAOL.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread