+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61 days

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default 61 days

Until Wisconsin Trout Season Opens

Bass_Bug Guest

Default Ohio

59 days left on Ohio's 2010-2011 fishing season. We may not have the best trout fishing here (we do have some), but we can fish year long.

OK people, lets hear what each state represented on FAOL has to chime in with.

Blog Entries

Up here is Washington State, we do have openers, for many lowland lakes, streams and Alpine lakes, BUT, we have a nice selection of waters that are open year round, mostly Catch & Release for fly fishing and or selective gear rules (lure with single point, barbless hook). This includes lakes and rivers. We also have year round Searun Cutthroat, whoops, now called Coastal Cutthroat fishing, all Catch and Release. So, if you want to fish in WA, you can. However, in Ellensburg (Eastern WA) this morning it is 3 degrees and even over here in Western WA it is 21 to 23 degrees, so not many people are fishing right now.

Larry ---sagefisher---

19 degrees at my house. Skagit is open for steelhead but I am not putting the sled in to run the river when the temps are in the teens. Drove by Pass Lake, a fly fishing only, year round lake the other day and no one was fishing. To darn cold.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Colorado is open for fishing 12 months a year, but a lot of the waters are not --covered with ice and inaccessible without skis or snowshoes during the winter. We have some good tail waters that remain open, but they can get a bit crowded on weekends. Dry fly fishing opportunities are brief and rare in the winter. Winter is is mostly nymphing, often with tiny midge patterns that are hard to tie on with shaking fingers. Still it beats being forced to stop fishing for months on end.

I heard a trout's cry from beneath the ice: "....sang....chew...air.....ree, sang....chew....air..ree! I beg you.. I can't let you give us the beadheads and wolly-buggers whipping all year long. I need a rest."

Even though we can fish all year long out here (Colo.), I'm glad they have a place too hide. Too bad they don't have a quiet place to spawn.
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Counting the days, Len.
    ~Lost Time is Never Found Again~

+ Reply to Thread