+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contributing

Hybrid View

Normand Guest

Default Contributing

Do you read all sorts of interesting information online, but never contribute back? Are you a Yelp-creeper or a Forum-lounger? Don't lie to Aunt Kate - I bet you do exactly that! So why not give a little this year? The next time you're reading this forum and you know the answer to someone's problem, chime in. You'll save someone hours of trouble and join the world of selfless do-gooders. Make it a New Years resolution! My hero.

I have the answer to 90% of the questions already: http://www.google.com/

I tease a little there about google, but it should be the first option.
    You are correct. I should take a more active part on this board.
    Heres to being a little more gabby this year!

To illustrate what DUB said go to Google and click on images then enter "Bead Head Nymph". Over 2 millions hits.

Tim

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Panman View Post
    To illustrate what DUB said go to Google and click on images then enter "Bead Head Nymph". Over 2 millions hits.

Tim
    better get tying!

Normand Guest

lets try this again

"Do you read all sorts of interesting information online, but never contribute back? Are you a Yelp-creeper or a Forum-lounger? Don't lie to Aunt Kate - I bet you do exactly that! So why not give a little this year? The next time you're reading this forum and you know the answer to someone's problem, chime in. You'll save someone hours of trouble and join the world of selfless do-gooders. Make it a New Years resolution! My hero."

To add my .02 to this topic:

It's fun to do.

That's why we all come here, right? Because it's fun. I know some will try to suggest that they are trying to 'learn', but if that's not fun, then I'm not sure what is.

This is a great way to expend time and have bit of fun during our days. You can steal a bit of time from work (as long as it okay or your boss doesn't care or catch you), you can pass a chilly morning before your day really starts (newspapers are full of mostly drivel these days, and very little fishing related information even at the best of times), enjoy some interaction with intelligent people after dinner (much better than the brain sucking, imagination crushing drain of the boob tube), or just get a quick fix of your favorite pastime when you can't actually DO your favorite passtime...

'Contributing', either by joining a discussion, answering a question, or even posting one, adds to all the fun.

I've never understood the 'lurkers'. If you come here to read it all, why not add your own opinions and experiences to the mix?

Remember, NOTHING that is posted here really matters. No one will go hungry, lose their jobs, or die because of anything written here. It won't keep somone from paying their bills, cause homelessness or sickness. You can't spread a disease or injure anyone here. Nothing earth shattering or apocalyptic will happen here. It's ALL just for fun.

Join in. Have fun. Learn and teach.

Or just blather away at your own discretion.

Happy New DECADE!

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Tim
    You sure they're not referring to something "kinky"....using the word nymph?? Just saying, that's all
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

Tim

Try asking Google about "fly fishing for steelhead in Lyman, WA". Then ask me and see who has the best infromation
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Yes, you can get lots of information from 'googling'.

IF you want to sort through it all.

IF you know enough about the topic to even recognize the answer.

IF you don't mind geting it from someone (sometimes millions of someones) you've never heard of and don't trust.

Don't make it sound like asking a question here is 'lazy' and folks should 'google first' or some such nonsense.

Not everyone is a google freak that wants to spend hours going through hundreds of pages on a simple topic.

Ask HERE if you have a fly fishing related question. That's part of what this place is all about. Sharing relevant information, helping someone out, getting into discussions about fly fishing. If you don't want to participate, don't. But don't discourage others by suggesting that they just 'google it'. This should be the first place they try.

You'll get enough answers from folks here so that you can make a reasonable decision. And the information will come from anglers who care enough about their reputations on this site not to BS you. You'll get information from people who you recognize.

Besides, there are enough folks HERE who will google for you anyway, then post the relevant links. Saves time for those of us who do have a life....

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Blog Entries

What's funny is that if you Google a fly fishing question after being told here to "Google it", you will see the post with the original question as one of the top 3 or 4 sites more often than not.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread