+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't see the photos

Default Can't see the photos

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to my computer to see the photos on this web site. All I get is a little white box with a red X.

You probably have to enable.."something" others more sophisticated than I will tell you....but try right clicking on the x and a dropdown will come up...left click on the "Show Picture"....

Adjust the screen, restart, change control panel, right click, press start, then shut it off and buy a new computer

If you use IE, ... look in the menu:
    Tools/Internet Options/advanced ...

make sure in the Multimedia section, the Show Images Box IS checked.

In other browsers, ... you may have disables images too.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:cdaa7]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:cdaa7]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:cdaa7]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:cdaa7]
    Christopher Chin

I'm gonna get a Mac!!!

[url=http://www.getfirefox.com:8e905]www.getfirefox.com[/url:8e905]

try that... once you go firefox... internet exploder will never be opened again...

the only thing that I dont like about it is that I dont get the neato little (new messages in this forum) icons on FAOL... other than that, there is virtually ZERO reason to use IE
    ------------------
    Colt45
    Tomball, TX

[This message has been edited by Colt45 (edited 30 March 2006).]

Colt is so correct.
    I use Mozilla Firefox.

I never use Internet Explorer. IE has HUGE holes. It's like trying to keep water with your kitchen sieve.

Right now, there is a security alert, but the patches won't be available until later on. Go figure.

Well, there is zero plus one reason....some things just don't download via Firefox....understand there is an extension available to automatically switch you back from Firefox to IE on those occasions though....

duckster,
    You're right. There is one thing that cannot be downloaded from Mozilla: Microsoft Updates. Microsoft looks for its own product. That is the only time I ever use IE. (FYI: as of a few days ago, they still haven't released the critical patch. Last time this happened, they said it would be released during their normal quarterly updates. There was such an industrial uproar, they released it early.)

With that, I've never had a problem downloading anything (except critical patches) using Mozilla. I do occasionally have trouble downloading something, but that is not Mozilla: it's the server on the other end or sometimes my stupid computer forgets what it's doing. I tend to multi-task as much as A.B.

I have a friend who multi-tasks enough he uses two moniters...anyway he tells me his Firefox won't download some financial stuff he works with...just an FYI

+ Reply to Thread