Ever had (Trout) "Buck Fever"?

I recall two times when plus size trout have given me the heebee jeebees. I didn't catch either one, but what a sight they burned in my memory.

A bank feeder on the Railroad Ranch was only a foot from my bank as I walked up stream. The wind was right in my face and blowing casts backward. The fish was in a frenzy after hoppers. It was a big brown. My first cast was comical. It landed 4 feet behind the fish. The wind was blowing. The next cast landed with a good plop, but again the cast was short. Just behind it's head. The fish turned and came at the hopper like Jaws, mouth snapping several times before it gulped the fly. I heebee jeebeed the hook set and yanked it right out of his mouth. I felt him but he headed for the middle of the river, unattached to my fly.

40 inches of brown had a 18 inch rainbow crossways in it's mouth as I stood on the bank of Dillon Reservoir. The brown was pushing the rainbow towards shore trying to swallow it down it's gullet. It came right up to me, only a foot or two from the shore with it's back well out of the water. I heebee jeebeed a split second with thoughts of a cast and realized my 3" long fly was not going to compete with the rainbow it had in it's mouth. I chuckled. I walked with it for several yards along the shoreline until it finally had it's catch where it wanted it. The brown headed lazily for the middle of the lake. This fish showed no fear of me! Man.. I'd liked to have caught that one.

Your turn. Share your "buck (trout or other kinda fish) fever" story. I know you got one. Freshwater, saltwater, warmwater?

PS: Merry Xmas and a Happy New year!