Was given a shot again today for numbness in my thighs due my back problem. The title of the post is what the doctor told me I had.

Doctors use the term radiculopathy to specifically describe pain, and other symptoms like numbness, tingling, and weakness in your arms or legs that are caused by a problem with your nerve roots

Treatment
Your doctor will be able to discuss with you what your diagnosis means in terms of treatment options. For most people who do not have evidence of nerve root compression with muscle weakness, the first line of therapy includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, rest, and physical therapy. A soft back brace or lumbar support is often prescribed in order to allow the back to have a chance to rest.

Surgery for radiculopathy is offered as an early option for people who have evidence of muscle weakness that is being caused by nerve root compression. This is because muscle weakness is a definite sign that the nerves are being injured (more seriously than when pain is the only symptom) and relieving the pressure on the nerves can be more of a priority. In most other situations, surgery is offered only after physical therapy, rest, and medications have failed to adequately relieve the symptoms of pain, numbness and weakness over a significant period of time

http://www.back.com/symptoms-radiculopathy.html