+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kathy Scott :)

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Kathy Scott :)

I ordered Kathy's furled leader video and received it Monday. To my huge dissappointment, the video simply stopped right at the time she was putting the clamp on the tippet end of the leader. Leaving me wondering what to do next. So, my wife called and left a message and to my surprise she called me herself just a little while ago. She was over apologetic though I'm sure it is some sort of technical glitch or something that she couldn't help and said she'd put another one in the mail to me tomorrow. She wouldn't let me pay for the extra shipping or anything.

We discussed fly fishing and I was not surprised to find out she knew Jack. She thought it was very funny that every time my wife fusses about all the money I spend on fly fishing that I blame it all on Jack. lol.

All in all, I give Kathy a great big thumbs up and really enjoyed talking to her, I can't wait to get the vidoe and try furling leaders.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Jason,

Kathy is a "class act"! Her DVD is the best out there for anyone wanting to learn the basics on making furled leaders. I always recommend her DVD to everyone that inquires on how to make a furled leader. She will treat you right and her customer service is the best. The furled leaders I make and use started with her DVD and I have made some changes since then. When I decided to learn to make my own furled leaders, I read everything on the internet and always got confused with the instructions and just gave up. I ordered Kathy's DVD and after watching it and making notes, I went out on my back deck and drove some finish nails in the top rail and made my first furled leader! Now I have a 2 piece furling board that will make 3 different lengths of furled leaders with just moving the pegs. My favorite length is a 6 foot furled leader. I have never had the privilege of meeting Kathy and I hope to one day and fishing with her.

Jason, after you get her DVD, be patient and take your time. I recommend that you get you some cheap mono, sewing thread or something to practice with and then when you feel comfortable with the procedure, you can purchase the material of your choice and make a beautiful furled leader.

PM me with any questions you may have and I will try to "talk you through it".

Enjoy.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Jason;
    Kathy "Kat" Scott grew up on a farm a couple of miles up the road from me when I lived in Evert, MI. Her husband David is a well known bamboo rod maker. The next time you're down here remind me to loan you one of her books. "Moose in the Water Bamboo on the Bench" "A Journal and a Journey". It will give you some insight into a very great lady and a good friend of mine!

When I decided to do furling I did the usual and did the internet thing and ...fortunately...went quickly to Kathy's DVD.....it was a godsend .....some of my best leaders were made then.....but I have to say the two gentlemen that just posted walked me through some times too....Jack & Warren......thank you gentlemen & Kathy.

Since then I've gone "outside the box"...it's been fun but I have to admit I've blown more leaders than ever I did following Kathy's methods.

ducksterman,

Well, I am not too sure how much help I have been to you, but, I do thank you for the "thank you".

Thank you for the DVD you sent me! I have really enjoyed it and have been using the "new dubbing" method quite a bit and liking the results!

Thanks....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

All of you and your furled leader posts are making me think and I do not like to think. I must tackle one hobby at a time, this winter I need to finish my first rod build and then I can think.

Merry christmas to all of you and your families.

Bob

This could be a very long thread if all Kathie's friends post. I ordered her Dvd and called to thank her , we talked for a hour and when I hung up I felt like we had been friends forever,quiet a Lady.

best
    John
    Fish like predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post
    Jason;
    Kathy "Kat" Scott grew up on a farm a couple of miles up the road from me when I lived in Evert, MI.
    The poor girl! she had to put up with you at an early age.......well guess it's better than an " old tuber" Her books are GREAT!!!!
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Years ago I ordered Kathy's dvd. Just when I thought I was doing okay Jack and Brad sent me some of their leaders. Talk about developing an inferiority complex...

Kathy video is first rate and you'll be amazed at how quickly you can make a decent furled leader your first time out.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread