+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CRAZINESS - Panfish - December 20, 2010

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default CRAZINESS - Panfish - December 20, 2010

CRAZINESS

It was a day off and a very nice day to be out. Loaded everything in the truck, especially the vest, and headed out. I was heading to a pond that I don?t get to fish very often. I have to cross three pastures, and it is rare to not have cattle on any of them. I don?t cross fields with cattle in them. That way I can?t be blamed for any cows getting out. I got blamed for that one time.

Default Wishing you and your family a merry christmas and a happy new year!

Rick:

I am wishing you and your family, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Lover all your articles as well as all the other who write for FAOL, willing to share their fly fishing experiences.

When I am not busy being Swapmeister of the "Beginner's Only Fly Swaps, I am down in the archives of FAOL, coping and pasting past article that have run over the past 13 years. I save them on my computer (plenty of space using PDF) and sharing them with other members of FAOL who want a specific article, or one of my free CD's!

That metal basket that you talked about in this week's article, brought back a real old memory, when my father and I were fishing. We found a "Honey Hole" full of large Crappies, and were catching them as fast as we could unhook one fish, put a new worm on the hook (my baitfishing days) and get the hook and bobber back out on/in the water. My father was catching less fish then me, because he had to place all the fish I caught into the metal fish basket hung over the side of the boat.

Finally it was time to go back in, and when we got to the dock, my father (glad it was not me) found he had not pulled in the metal mesh fish basket. When he pulled the basket into the boat, it was empty!

There is a trap door at the bottom of the basket to empty the contents of the metal fish basket, and it got open from still being in the water as my father motored the fishing boat back to shore.

After the "Great Escape", my fathered wrapped heavy wire on the trap door at the bottom, never againt were there any last minute reprieves for the fish he caught! ~Parnelli
    "Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

This is a plastic mesh bakset from Janns Netcraft. Has aboiut a 4 fot long neck. Works great for me.

I have had the same trouble with a metal fish basket as you described it.

Rick

+ Reply to Thread