+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Secret Spots? Yes or No?

If I had a friend who wanted to go with me to a secret spot, I would gladly take him, as Kelly was kind enough to do with us, but I wouldn't post it for everyone to see, or tell it to someone I wasn't sure would treat it as a treasure. On the other hand, I do get kind of irritated when I send a pm to someone asking about a particular area he has talked about and get a message back to get out my gazeteer and start looking.

When people ask me where I catch fish, my usual answer is in the mouth.
    To many places messed up with people taking to many fish out.

Rick

My fishin buddy and I give very broad answers as to where we fish. (Like east of (name of town) and then add that we have permission from farmers who are very protective of their land). Normally that's enough for most people as it then sounds like too much trouble.

Kelly,

I seemed to have lost those directions you gave me for your no tellum spring creek
    send them to me again will you....
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 12-17-2010 at 05:20 PM.
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I have no secret spots, everyone knows where I fly fish

Blog Entries

At the Idaho fish-in 3 years ago a very good friend told me about his ultra uber mondo select super secret spot on the Lochsa river because he knew that I have difficulty walking and that even getting down to the stream is a struggle for me. He swore me to secrecy. I snuck out of camp in the early morning and drove to the milepost that he mentioned but no good access to the river was evident. So I drove on about 20 more miles till I saw a road heading toward the Lochsa. I took the road to its end at a good camping spot and found a really easy access trail to a wonderfull looking pool with as it turned out plenty of hungry cutthroat in it. I had a marvelous day. When I got back to the camp I told my buddy I couldn't find his spot. He said Oh yeah after you left I realized that I gave you the wrong mile post sorry! No problem, I described the pool I found on my own and He said, Wow that sounds like it. In the next 2 days While I fished that pool at least a dozen FAOL members showed up at the secret pool that it turned out everyone knew about. If a road leads to it ....... IT IS NOT A SECRET!!!!
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

The only reason why my spots seems to be secret is that there are seemingly no people willing to go where i go and tryto fish. It confuses me.
    My mom says it's all physics. I say that's my problem.. Just look at my old report cards....

+ Reply to Thread