+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technique Swap

Hybrid View

Default Technique Swap

--SWAP IS CLOSED --

NOTE: I had listed an interest only posting a few months ago on this very forum.

This swap is designed to give tiers a chance to either try a new technique or style of tying a fly or knock the rust off a technique you may have used in the past. After I close the swap's registration I will have a lottery and each tier will be assigned a particular technique/style of tying - i.e. - Leisering dubbing method, woolven hackle method, Thundercreek-style, ... The swap will run for 6-10 tiers and flies will be due by January 31st, 2011.

I will run this swap for no less than 6 and no more than 10 participants and registration will close by COB January 4th, 2011. I would like to limit flies to freshwater only. Please include the name of your fly when registering and toe tags when mailing your flies. I will send my mailing address to you when you are confirmed for the swap.

Have fun and I look forward to hearing from you!

1 wwkimba - granny weave body
    2 CaseyP - polish nymph/czech nymph - received
    3 sjo - Pukeko style - received
    4 AlbaSurf - wolven hackle
    5 ibrb - Leisering dubbing - received
    6 Flygal - Thundercreek style - received
    Last edited by WWKimba; 02-14-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Blog Entries

umm..need a little clarification. until you assign the technique, it will be hard to choose a fly, won't it? should we wait to choose?
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Yes, I will send out the results of the lottery by COB January 5th. If you send me your fly choice I'll be happy to post it but I do not anticipate any duplication (although I would LOVE to see if someone ties a Thundercreeek using wooven hackle - I just don't have that much imagination!).

I will post the names when the flies are sent because I know some swapers like to use this list for future reference.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

This still sounds interesting but I can't commit to a swap that may require purchasing materials for a new technique right now. I guess this is just a bump because I would like to see what comes of this.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

No problem rainbowchaser and I thank you for responding.

AlbaSurf - I received your PM and you are in the swap as we discussed. Welcome to the swap!

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WWKimba View Post
    [SIZE=3] After I close the swap's registration I will have a lottery and each tier will be assigned a particular technique/style of tying - i.e. - Leisering dubbing method, woolven hackle method, Thundercreek-style, ...
    seems to me thats what he said. just have to wait until all the swappers sign up! then the method will be assigned. then you can search for a fly that uses that assigned method.
    Last edited by Normand; 12-13-2010 at 06:40 PM.

Your flies were dropped in the mail today. I did take pictures (my first try with this camera!) and will post ASAP. I only hope the pictures do justice to the fine effort each of you put in these flies.

Please post when you receive your packages. Thanks again for the extra flies and for participating in this swap.

+ Reply to Thread