David,

Yes, I do plan to chase the smallies more this coming year. I tried one of the Mickey Finns out about 3 days ago in one local river here and did manage to catch one 11" rainbow! I could not do any wade fishing due to them releasing close to 600cfs but I did want to see what the streamers looked like in the water so I just stood on the bank and played. With as much water as they were releasing, I could not get the streamers down very deep, but, as long as one fish came up, I feel these may be something I will fish a lot more as soon as the weather will allow. It was only about 37 degrees so I did not stay more than about an hour. Toady I guess I will continue to tie flies since I woke up to about 6" to 12" of SNOW! I have not seen this much snow since moving from Ohio 26 years ago. Needless to say, there will not be much happening around here for the next couple days. Nashville only got about 2" of snow. I live 80 miles SOUTH of Nashville and we got somewhere between 6" and 12"! This Global Warming stuff is driving me nuts! This is a great thread and a lot of good looking patterns are showing up.