+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas swap results thread

Blog Entries

Default Christmas swap results thread

Most of our gifts are going out in the mail on Monday, but some have already shipped. Since people will open their gifts at different times, I thought that this thread needs to be started. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the neat ideas everyone came up with.

Also, if anyone doesn't receive their package, PM me and I'll try to track things down. Thanks!
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

My Secret Santa gifts arrived today.

Two sweet fly boxes from Hook and Hackle!

Thanks Santa and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!!

Merry Christmas to all!

Bob
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

nighthawk Guest

Bob,
    Those are some sweet boxes the elves cranked out for you!

Here is what my "Secret Santa" sent me and I could not be happier! I have been looking at this for quite some time and was considering ordering myself one after the "new year". My "Secret Santa" could not have done any better than this! I love it!!! I will have to admit that there was no name on the package, but, there was a return address that I am sure is required. I was so thankful for the gift that I spent some time and researched until I found a name so that I could express how thankful I was for this gift. I will not give the name but I have notified them.

Thank you, again, so very much...

Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Blog Entries

I just got my present in the mail, and went ahead and opened it. I received a nice dubbing brush twister. I've been looking at these things for a while, but never pulled the trigger. Great present! Thanks James!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

I have one of his dubbing brush twisters and I love using mine! You are going to enjoy it! There are times I want to do something at the fly tying table and tying flies just does not seem work and when that happens, I just start making dubbing brushes so that when the mood strikes me to tie up some flies, I already have the dubbing brushes made. It is a great tool.

I finally got my "Secret Santa" gift off in the mail today and hope it arrives within 3-4 days. Hopefully, the freezing rain coming in will not cause any delays.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Very nice ol'blue - I was going to ask if it was homemade, now I know. Like the grain in the wood used to make it. Nice contrast with the darker wood also. (cherry?)

Best regards, Dave S.

Dave S.

Thanks for the compliment on the dubbing twister. I've made a ton of them and sold/gifted them around for the last few years. The base of the twister is Pine and the twister block is mahogany. I have a pdf file with plans for the dubbing twister if you’d like to make one for yourself. Just let me know.
    Jim

Well, a suspicious box showed up on my porch today! Did not open it yet. Frankly, I'm a little paranoid, after all the "hype" I generated about this gift swapping! The first thing I did was have my bird dogs check it out - no noticeable reaction from them. Hmmmmm, I think I will quarantine it until Christmas, just to be sure! Right now the "box" is sitting on a desk next to me - I'm thinking maybe too close to me!! At the least, I'm gonna put it in isolation for a few hours, if nothing weird happens, I MIGHT open it!!!!!!!

James Smith - Thank you - PM to be sent!

Best regards, Dave S.
    Last edited by fishdog54; 12-15-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Okay, it's been 4 hrs. Nothin weird going on with the box! I've got a conference call goin on right now with Homeland Security, CIA, FBI, the PTA, and the local Cub Scouts are on full alert, just in case! Oh, and I got the two dogs, if somethin pops out and starts runnin or gnashin its teeth! BTW, I was thinkin about taken the box down to the local hospital and getting it x-rayed, but figured the VA wouldn't cover stuff like that. Okay, got to put my ear bud back in so all the agencies can coordinate this! Cuttin the tape, Okay ,I'm going in.Aha! Nope!, just a piece of paper - perhaps a confession or something? Nope, just a note stating "at least its not roadkill" Okay, so it"s not roadkill, that eliminates my first choice, dang! Hmmmm, what's this? Just bubble wrap ( could come in handy next year!). Hold on, the CIAs buzzing in my ear! NO SIR, IT WAS JUST BUBBLE WRAP! Okay,back to digging around in this here box. Hmm! Looks like some items wrapped in paper towels for added protection.(nice, I can always use more paper towels),Unwrapping - hold on, now its the Cub Scouts! All right I'm back, it seems one of the Scouts spilled something and wanted to know if they could have some of my paper towels. Hated to give up the towels, but those Scouts can be ruthless! Note to self: put more paper towels on the shopping list! Okay, where was I? Oh yea, unwrapping. Well whatta ya know, it looks like, I'll call him George, (because that's his name) and his wonderful wife, have sent me a bunch of miniature (fly fishing motif) Christmas tree decorations - creel, fishing hat, vest, fish etc. They'll end up hanging from various stuff in my fly tying room, so I can enjoy them year round! Hold on - HEY, get those FBI guys out of my Christmas stuff!! Geez, between them and Homeland Security!!! What the heck are you people doing AT my house, this was only supposed to be over the phone. HEY, get that drug sniffen dog away from my Lazyboy recliner!! Oh man, it's lifting its leg! Not good!! Well despite a few glitches on my end, the old secret Santa thing turn out pretty good. Hopefully next year there won't be so much "drama"! Thanks George! Hope every one has as much fun as I've had!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS FAOL! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Best regards, Dave S.

+ Reply to Thread