+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Christmas swap results thread

Kevin,

So, does that mean you'll be getting rid of all your rods with zebra wood inserts?? Can't have those rods smellin up the place, now can we! You can send them all here, because my smeller is about shot!! Just lookin out for your best interest is all! I'm here to help! LOL!!!!

Best regards, Dave S.

Kevin,

Sorry you couldn't have enjoyed it for Christmas. I hope it traveled well; both times.

Kevin, I have to tell ya when I was told that the address was off only by 2 houses I was shocked to see it on my living room floor the Dec. 27th

If your dog isn't already crapping on you neighbor's lawn maybe he should be and if you don't have a dog and wanted a good excuse this should cover it (and get a big one)

Zebra wood probably does smell like dog poo but the name Dog wood was taken.

Merry Christmas.
    Respectfully,
    Sean
    Lake Erie High Ball.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

Blog Entries

It got to me, too. This neighbor and I frequently get together to whine about the family that lives between us. It just happened to be delivered when the regular postman had a day off, or the mistake would have been caught, too. After I had called the post office to let them know it had been delivered but not to me, the regular postman started looking for the package and was one step behind it all the way. When he delivered it yesterday, he was so apologetic that he didn't get it right the first time and it wasn't his fault! He was on a day off which I am sure he needed just prior to Christmas.

This really is great. I feel like I have enough wood to try some elliptical inlays in reel seats and pens. I brought a few pieces up to show my wife last night, (She hasn't seen the pile on the pool table, yet.) and I am looking at how nice the zebra wood and cocobolo look together.

Thanks, again! This is just great. And... It's a story that can be told! "The Case of the Wayward Secret Santa Gift"
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Cool

What an ordeal the infamous "wood shipment" was!
    Sean & I talk often, & that is some well traveled wood! To go 2 doors down (wasn't that a Dolly Parton hit?), the wood took a right turn out of Colorado, a left out of Kentucky, clear up to Northeast Ohio, then back again! Kevin, SOMEBODY in your neighborhood (or the local PO) needs a course in reading street maps!!!
    What a comedy of errors this was, but the wood finally made it safely "home". Whatever it's final use, there will be some special meaning.
    Thanks for letting me be a part of this! It was truly an adventure.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fishdog54 View Post
    Kevin,

So, does that mean you'll be getting rid of all your rods with zebra wood inserts?? Can't have those rods smellin up the place, now can we! You can send them all here, because my smeller is about shot!! Just lookin out for your best interest is all! I'm here to help! LOL!!!!

Best regards, Dave S.
    Nope. The wood will be properly sealed to keep any offending odors contained. My wife told me to eat a bowl of chili before turning the wood and no one would be able to tell if the wood smelled like poo or not. Just for that, I think I'll eat the chili right before bed.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

+ Reply to Thread