+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatches Magazine - poor customer service?

Blog Entries

Default Hatches Magazine - poor customer service?

I was wondering if any of you have tried to contact will@hatchesmagazine.com for any reason and been successful?

I ordered the Hatches magazine back in September, but there was no option to have the shipping address be different than the billing address. So I e-mailed him, twice, to try and clarify the shipping address and got no response. Middle of October the magazine was received at the wrong address and I e-mailed Will again to try and change the address for future issues, and again no response.

The magazine is great but I feel like the customer service is terrible. Anyone here have an easier time getting ahold of someone associated with that magazine? And would you share how you contacted them?

Thanks!

Karli-Rae
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Normand Guest

i simply bought the magazine through j stockard and had no problems.

have you posted your complaint over on the flytying.com website where it might get more exposure??

Even though you didn't order it through j stockard I bet they would help you straighten it out. Can't hurt to ask.

Jerry

Bass_Bug Guest

Look on the bright side, you have 10 months before the next one arrives and you have to worry about it!

In the meantime try emailing <info@hatchesmagazine.com> or calling (513) 300-8881. The phone number, I can tell you is an Ohio number. A distribution company that handles subscriptions for various magazines. Incidentally it's the same company that handles the subscriptions for Fly Tyer magazine even though the two magazines are not connected.

On the other hand Al & Gretchen Beatty (if you PM them) might be able to help you get through to someone.
    Last edited by Bass_Bug; 12-08-2010 at 12:03 AM.

I have had a misunderstanding with subscription.Called number and was resolved efficiently.

Go to www.flytyingforum.com and register for an account if you don't already have one. Once you do sent Will an IM through the site.

or calling (513) 300-8881. The phone number, I can tell you is an Ohio number. A distribution company that handles subscriptions for various magazines. Incidentally it's the same company that handles the subscriptions for Fly Tyer magazine even though the two magazines are not connected.
    No that is not true Bass Bug. That is actually Will Mullis' direct Cell phone # it is not any sort of distribution company's number. Will is the owner of Hatches magazine as well as the owner of Flytyingfourm, Rodbuildingforum, Talkflyfishing (which I run) as well as one of my best friends. Needless to say he's a pretty busy guy so emailing him is not the best option. Give him a call directly and he will get you taken care of. If you can't get a hold of him then just let me know and I will take care of it for you.

Steve

Bass_Bug Guest

Are you sure THAT number is his? I know that 513 is an Ohio Area code and also that number is listed by the Ohio distribution/subscription company's name and Ohio address in the magazine. I got that from the inside cover of the last years issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Custom Fly Rods View Post
    No that is not true Bass Bug. That is actually Will Mullis' direct Cell phone # it is not any sort of distribution company's number. Will is the owner of Hatches magazine as well as the owner of Flytyingfourm, Rodbuildingforum, Talkflyfishing (which I run) as well as one of my best friends. Needless to say he's a pretty busy guy so emailing him is not the best option. Give him a call directly and he will get you taken care of. If you can't get a hold of him then just let me know and I will take care of it for you.

Steve

Yep 100% Positive. I've known Will for 10 yrs and that's his cell #. The address in the cover is Wills address as well as cell #.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the phone number and for all of the helpful information! Wow, I didn't realize that fly fishing sites/magazines/etcetera were so interconnected.
    I called Will and left a message on his voicemail asking him to give me a call at his convenience. So, hopefully I'll hear from him sometime in the near future.
    Thanks again guys!
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

+ Reply to Thread