+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Anyone interested in a 6-month ROYGBV Swap??

I did not receive any response to my PM's so the swap is now closed. I will be posting the final pictures and mailing out the flies by this w/e. Thank you all for participating in this swap and I greatly appreciate all of your feedback.

Here are the BLUE flies. They are to be in the mail by August 9th the same as the VIOLE/PURPLE flies (pictures to follow below.).

IBRB - Blue Adult Damsel - HOOK - TMC 100, size 12; THREAD - Blue 8/0; ABDOMEN - Braided momofilament; THORAX silk dubbing; HACKLE POST - silk yarn; HACKLE - lt. dun

IMG_1368.JPG

modocdan - Blue Spider - BODY - blue tinsel, HACKLE - blue pheasant hackle

IMG_1369.JPG

sjo - Blue soft hackle

IMG_1372.JPG

wwkimba - Upsidedown streamer clone - THREADS - white cotton sewing and clear mono tying thread; HOOK - size 8 popper (kinkshank) hook (Mustad 33900); EYES - 1/50 oz barbell; BODY - silver mylar tubing overtied with clear mono; WING - white bucktail then silver krystal flash then light blue bucktail (NOTE: see Baby Smallmouth Clouser Clone notes for steps to attach eyes - page 9 of this thread)

IMG_1366.JPG and

James Wood Bucktail - HOOK - Ringeye sproat (Mustad 3366), size 6; THREAD - black 6/0; BODY - yellow chenielle; OVERLAY - white bucktail; HEAD - blue chenille

IMG_1367.JPG

VIOLET/PURPLE flies.

IBRB - Violet Bonker Zonker - HOOK - TFS 9395 size 4, THREAD - violet 6/0, EYES - painted lead, TAIL & WING - violet rabbit strip, BODY - violet estaz

IMG_1377.JPG

modocdan - Violet Spider - BODY - violet thread, HACKLE - blackbird hackle

IMG_1375.JPG

sjo - Violet Softhackle

IMG_1379.JPG

(continued below)
    Last edited by WWKimba; 08-07-2011 at 12:29 AM.

wwkimba - Purple Marabou Streamer (Variation #1) - HOOK 6X long streamer size 6 (TMC 300), THREAD - black 6/0, UNDERBODY - .30 lead wrap on front third of hook, TAIL & BACK - purple marabou, BODY - purple rabbit dubbing

HINT: First lay base of thread then wrap and tie in lead wrap (I seal lead with nail polish or Flex cement) then dub body front to back then tie in tail and body. When tying on tail & back very lightly dub tying thread and tie in clumps of marabou (it will take 4-6 clumps). Also, if you find you are crowding the hook gap, substitute a 4X long streamer hook one size larger - i.e. - I could have used a size 4 - 4 XL streamer in this tie.

IMG_1382.JPG and,

Purple Marabou Streamer (Variation #2) - HOOK 6X long streamer size 6 (TMC 300), THREAD - black 6/0, UNDERBODY - .30 lead wrap on front third of hook, TAIL & BODY - purple marabou (tie in tail then twist remaining feather and wrap directly on hook)

IMG_1383.JPG and,

wwkimba - Purple Marabou Streamer (Variation #3) - HOOK 6X long streamer size 6 (TMC 300), THREAD - black 6/0, UNDERBODY - .30 lead wrap on front third of hook, TAIL - purple marabou, BODY - purple cheneille overlayed with violet hackle (wooly bugger style)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WWKimba; 08-07-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Last of the flies were mailed today. Please note that BOTH the BLUE and the VIOLET/PURPLE flies were mailed in ONE envelope. If I had a second envelope it was returned to you in the same cover as well. Please notify me when you receive your flies and we can wrap up this 6-month swap. Thank you all for participating - there were some fantastic flies included in this swap!

I got PM confirmation that all flies were received in the mail. This swap is now closed and over.

+ Reply to Thread