+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This day in history (nff)

Default This day in history (nff)

On December 7th, 1963, video instant replay came to TV during the Army/Navy football game.

MontanaMoose

And I thought you were going to mention Pearl Harbor Day.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Add to this my parents were married 60 years ago.
    Wyo-Blizzard

It's a day that will truly always be "a day that will live in infamy"!

It's also my wedding anniversary!

Bob
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Default December 7th, 1945

Microwave oven was patented on the above date.

Thanks Joe, looks like i have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    And I thought you were going to mention Pearl Harbor Day.
    MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMoose View Post
    Microwave oven was patented on the above date.

Thanks Joe, looks like i have.

MontanaMoose
    I'm just curious. Are you making light of the sneak attack bombing of Pearl Harbor sailors and soldiers by the Japanese on December 7th, 1941 or are we to consider instant replay and the microwave oven more important? I mean really, does anyone care when instant replay was instituted? What's the point?

Being a veteran myself, I don't appreciate this date being demeaned in that way.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

bobbyq,

I can not begin to speak for Mr. Moose, but I'll bet he was trying to relay the irony of the thought processes of too many so called Americans. To give you a good example - more people voted for the American Idol than voted for the highest office in the land.(we're in trouble) I'm a person who likes to hide my punchlines sometimes, just to make you think about it for a second, before the light comes on.(AHA!!!) I saw right through this and took absolutely no offense . Based on the Moose's responses to other serious matters, I will give him full benefit of the doubt!

Respectfully yours, Dave S.

bobbyq

With all due respect, no way was Mr.Moose meaning any disrespect... Why because he supports our troops
    I have seen his generosity 1st hand through my conversation camp in Yosemite...

Poor taste very much so I must say, sorry Moose, but disrespect to you, other veterans, reserve or our active troops no possible way..

Again with all respect to you bobbyq, sir....

I have been posting here for more than 10years, moose has been a long time member as well,
    he can speak for himself as I am sure he will... but just had to add my 2cents

Be safe..

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 12-08-2010 at 12:44 AM.
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Sorry. I don't know Mr. Moose or his views and actions as to our troops or veterans.
    Obviously some here do. Maybe his views may have been more expressly stated, in lieu of irony.
    Again, sorry, if I offended. I'm a little touchy when this date is discussed.

Well, i apologise to any that i've offended or that miscontrued my intent. My intent was to bring attention to the fact that by 1237PM EST, no one here had made mention of this date in 1941. I went to bed last night not having seen or heard any mention of same, woke up and watched the news....still no word. Finally this evening, a slight mention.

Thanks to those that took exception to my method as well as those that spoke on my behalf, bringing even more attention to this day. That said, my post accomplished what i wanted it to without actually coming out and saying something stupid like...'don't forget that today in 1941 the (PIC name) bombed Pearl Harbor'. We already know that. I've been to the memorial at Pearl. If you haven't, i hope you go there someday.
    Last edited by MontanaMoose; 12-08-2010 at 12:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread