Thread: Up at Tahosa again...

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Up at Tahosa again...

Well, another great weekend at Camp Tahosa. I didn't expect to find any open water but a good stretch of the north shore of the lake was open out about 20 ft. Once I thought about it, it made perfect sense as there are several springs along there. I started wondering if there might be fish along there so I kept my eyes peeled as I walked the shore. Sure enough, I saw dozens of brookies in the 6-15" range along about 200 yards of shore. The water was lousy with them!

I all but ran back to the truck to get a rod and reel and the vest. I got things put together and decided to try a mini wooly bugger. I flipped it out and watched time and again, the fly get taken then spit out right away. Now that is a blow to the ego to watch the fish spit your carefully tied fly out. I tried midges. I tried scuds. I tried soft hackles. I tried a Lead Wing Coachman, I even tried a couple of different dries as a couple were having a great time jumping about 15 ft from me. Nothing. They would follow a fly for a bit and then lose interest. I was able to watch it all. One did play with a Tups Indispensable for a bit, but that was about it.

There will be ice there in the morning. It will probably be about noon before that melts off. I may go abuse my ego again.

It's good to know the fish are coming back, though.
    Last edited by kbproctor; 12-05-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: bad spelling
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.