+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fightin' the Saturday Sniffles

Default Fightin' the Saturday Sniffles

Well, it looks as if winter has settled in for a good long time and it feels like the chest cold I picked up will last until early spring too. One of the problems with illness is being so inert. There is only so much reading, playing through chess games, napping, tv sports, watching c-span and the parade of fools in Washington D.C., that a person can do. Then I spotted my Joan Wulff Fly-O in the corner of my gear room. Picture a guy early in the morning standing there in his pajamas, his hair reminiscent of the the Big Bang, practicing straight line casts, left and right curve and reach casts, loop size control, etc. Then I tried doing all that sitting down as if in a boat or canoe. OK, it wasn't fishing but it sure beat watching a repeat episode of "The Bucks of Tecomate".

Bob

I know what you mean Bob. I've been laid up since July 30. I can only take so much American Chopper, NCIS & Criminal Minds. Naps have my sleep habits so messed up that sometimes I get up at 2:00 AM. I'll be glad when this is over, and I'm back to work. So I can relate to your misery. All I can say is "It'll pass."
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Hey Bob,
    Good to see you're posting. Sorry to read baout your cold and "inert" state. I reckon a good part of it is the effest of culture shoch. Moving from the midst of academics , pipe smoke and ivory chess pieces to facial hair and cammo clothes and reloading jigs had to have SOME effect . Perhaps the occasional trip "back to the past" would would bring you back to "ert" state

Mark

PS: Hopefully "ert" is opposite of "inert" ( by logic such as active-inactive, sane- insane etc. etc) AND----------------- GO BEARS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

PS: Hopefully "ert" is opposite of "inert" ( by logic such as active-inactive, sane- insane etc. etc) AND----------------- GO BEARS!!!!!!
    Actually, I think "nert" is the plu-pastperfect-subjunctive form of "nerd".
    And yes, GO BEARS! Posted in secret from the heart of Lions country.

+ Reply to Thread