+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annual Spey Event in San Fran......?

Default Annual Spey Event in San Fran......?

Can anyone guide me to where to find out the dates of the annual 3 day Spey event that is usually in April, at the Golden Gate Fly Club in San Francisco?

I have been looking for the event.....but so far have not been able to find info on it.

That was not too hard if you can spell google....

http://www.ggacc.org/p/ViewEvent.aspx?eid=319

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Gemrod,

Parking can be limited around and near the casting ponds on the days of the event. But give it a try first. If parking is impossible inside the park I find parking outside the park between Lincoln Way and Irving Street near 40th Ave. or 41st Ave. to be a good bet and then just hike in by way of 41st Ave.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Kaboom
    You make that look too too easy. I don't know why I never think of Google. I don't think the title connects with my neurons. Maybe a name like " Search Web" would get my attention more....

I searched for GGFFC. Didn't know to try GGACC. I got her now man. Printed and saved. I'm gonna go. I was going last year but a friend changed my plans. Wanted me to go to San Juan at the same time. So I cancelled Golden Gate and was to pick him up on Sat am to go to San Juan. He had family probs and I didn't go to either event.

I remembered reading about it last year....but failed to find the info for the next one.

Thanks guys and thank you for the info on parking. When I read last year.....3 day event....no admission charge......free parking....IN SAN FRANCISCO?" This has to be some kind of joke. Sho nuff it was all true.

Thanks for the tip on parking and the alternate. One just hears free parking and plan on it. I didn't think about the free parking being used up and needing an alternate.

Thanks Thanks boaf of you.

Show Low Jim

Unhappy

Jim
    There are "Doers" and there are "Want to's"! Never rely on "Friends" when planning something. Plan it, and if a friend wants to go along fine. But never let his/her's " Last Minute Copping Out" stop you. It's your life, so go live it and be "Real" about it.
    "Doers" Just do it! "Want to's" find reasons not to!

Jack,

I am not sure if you are attempting to offer me good old sage advice....or putting me down for not going. Stating perhaps that I just found a reason not to go. Been a very long time since you posted anything at all in my issues......

My 80 year old friend wanted to make one last trip to the San Juan. The weekend he wanted to go was the same week end as the SF Spey Clave. I was going to it. But for my friend I changed plans and was going to take him to the San Juan for his one last hurrah. I made reservations at the campground for a 5 day stay and paid up front. I was the one to be driving there in my pickup. He is not the jerk this may make him out to be. But...I am loaded, driven to his house at 8am to pick him up for the trip.....he says he cannot go. He has a family problem and simply cannot go. This is my good friend. I know he did not warn me the night before....because he was just at a loss as to what to do....or what to say. So even though it was a last minute thing...I understand him and no probs. Life goes on.

I am not using him as a cop out. I am going this year regardless of anyone. I had to cancel the campground and got no refund for my $80. But my friend paid me back.

Anyway....I am going going going. I am not using any reason to cop out as you suggest. The owner of the Orvis shop up here and I are both going to the three day event. And this is different. If he can't make it.....adios my friend. I am on my way......

I think it is April 17,18,19 with some club events earlier in the week. Whatever that Friday, Saturday and Sunday are.

+ Reply to Thread