Jack,

I am not sure if you are attempting to offer me good old sage advice....or putting me down for not going. Stating perhaps that I just found a reason not to go. Been a very long time since you posted anything at all in my issues......

My 80 year old friend wanted to make one last trip to the San Juan. The weekend he wanted to go was the same week end as the SF Spey Clave. I was going to it. But for my friend I changed plans and was going to take him to the San Juan for his one last hurrah. I made reservations at the campground for a 5 day stay and paid up front. I was the one to be driving there in my pickup. He is not the jerk this may make him out to be. But...I am loaded, driven to his house at 8am to pick him up for the trip.....he says he cannot go. He has a family problem and simply cannot go. This is my good friend. I know he did not warn me the night before....because he was just at a loss as to what to do....or what to say. So even though it was a last minute thing...I understand him and no probs. Life goes on.

I am not using him as a cop out. I am going this year regardless of anyone. I had to cancel the campground and got no refund for my $80. But my friend paid me back.

Anyway....I am going going going. I am not using any reason to cop out as you suggest. The owner of the Orvis shop up here and I are both going to the three day event. And this is different. If he can't make it.....adios my friend. I am on my way......