... ride than one for a pontoon, from what little I know about either of those watercraft, but you might want to check out the fifty mile float down the Selway from Paradise Campground to above Selway Falls. Later in the summer with lower flows will make it a much more sedate float than earlier in the year.

You need a permit to float it before August 1, but on and after August 1 there are no restrictions on the number of craft getting on the river each day.

This is one of the most remote, pristine rivers you can float, and the fishing for West Slope Cutthroat with terrestrials or bull trout with streamers should be great during August.

As I understand it, there are no restrictions on where you camp. ( The linked article below suggests otherwise. ) Lots of sand beaches along the way. I think most people expect to take five days for the float, but you could certainly cut that down, and still get in some good fishing.

It ain't for the faint of heart, but it would make for quite an adventure. Follow the link for some basic information.

http://www.gorp.com/parks-guide/trav...ev_054214.html

John

P.S. The shuttle is another matter. It is close to 250 road miles from Paradise Campground to the take out above Selway Falls. There used to be a shuttle service out of Darby MT, and the cost was a couple hundred bucks as of three or four years ago.