Quote Originally Posted by Thunderthumbs View Post
BH,

I'm not sure if you'd be interested or not, but we are going to be having the Montana Fish-in in mid July in West Yellowstone. You'd be within easy driving distance of several great floatable rivers. With as many of us as there are I'm sure we'd be able to take care of the logistics of pick-up and so on, and you'd have a great base camp to get back to every night, not to mention some great company. Of course there isn't one of us who wouldn't understand if you just wanted some time alone with your son on the river. Just a thought.

TT.
The Montana trip will be in the heart of accessibility to several great rivers - the Madison, Henry's Fork, upper and lower, and South Fork of the Snake River, along with the Gallatin, etc., etc. Any one of these or a combo of several would meet your trip requirements. I also agree that you don't want to spend as much time at the oars on a 20-miler as opposed to several 5 or 10-mile trips. Fishing is really the desired end result. The South Fork of the Snake through the canyon stretch from Conant to Byington has several campsites you can reserve for a multi-day float through the canyon with plenty of fishing in between. The Box Canyon stretch of the Henry's Fork can be floated several times in a day if desired and provides spectacular scenery and fishing.

Kelly.