+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Colorado fly shop moving up!

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Colorado fly shop moving up!

Seems like the FAOL board is full of new notices of fly shops closing.

So here's some good news -- Elkhorn Rod and Reel in Loveland Colorado has moved to some nice new digs, right on the main drag and near the Big Thompson river, instead of the nearly hidden location they've had for years. Brian's a great guy, and Elkhorn's rods and reels are nice quality at a nice price.

Best of all, they are FAOL sponsors!

http://www.elkhornflyrodandreel.com/

(I also like the vending machine outside that dispenses leaders, tippet, indicators, floatant.....)

DANBOB

Blog Entries

(I also like the vending machine outside that dispenses leaders, tippet, indicators, floatant.....)
    the mind that imagined that must be behind the success of this shop! what a marvelous idea!
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

I love Elkhorn, unfortunately Brian told me they had a very poor year and could not renew their advertising with us. I just haven't taken it down...

My first combo of my own was an Elkhorn I got at a Fly Show in Sacramento. I love it. Maybe their new digs in a better location will get them back on there feet. Maybe you should continue to forget to delere them as a Sponsor. Might help them get back into the fold.

Ladyfisher.....

I'll hit him up for continuing his FAOL sponsership next time I'm in there....I'm thinking of buying a spey switch rod from him
    DANBOB

What a GREAT idea!

Used to be a fly shop in Hot Sulpher Springs on the Colorado River that used old cigarette machines to dispense small packages of flies. These were located in several towns along the river at hotels, general stores, etc. Eventually they disappeared, don't know the reason. Seemed like a good idea though.

+ Reply to Thread