By the way, Igor at allfishing buy told me he is going to possibly offer non traditional tenkara rods with cork handles using the Hera style blanks for saltwater applications based upon my success using these rods for stripers, bluefish, redfish, speckled sea trout, flounder, etc. in my monthly trips to Virginia Beach to see my folks. Occasionally visit his site for updates. Also, his running lines for his tenkara rods are a great alternative to the lighter furled and level lines traditionally used in tenkara applications. If you prefer the up or down and across traditional wet fly swing, fish into the wind, or like to use heavier weighted beadheads and streamers, then these lines are for you. I personally carry a wallet with multiple line configurations no matter which rod(s) I use. They are easy enough to change up on stream. Sometimes I might fish a small brushy creek in the AM for wild brookies with a traditional size 14 sakasa kebari, a larger stretch of river in the PM with a small streamer or two tandem beadhead nymphs, and then a local bass pond in the evening with rubber legged foam spiders for bass and bigger bluegill. This can all be done with one rod and line but is better suited for change-ups.

Randy