+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cortland Rods

Default Cortland Rods

Have any of you fished with a Cortland GRX before? I'm getting the 7' 3/4 weight. I don't know how they fish but it will be better than my 9 footer for the streams I fish.

I have a 7ft 3/4 CL and I have nothing but nice things to say about it. Good backbone in the wind, medium-medium fast action. It is one of the rod "buys" out there.
    The Best time to fishing is when it's raining and when it's not

I bought a 9 ft 7/8 wt during a steelhead trip last fall after I broke my primary rod. I was pleasantly surprised at the GRX's performance. It's a bit heavier than my primary rod but it performed well on fresh run fish. It was easy and accurate to cast, sensitive enough to feel the subtle takes of steelhead but with plenty of backbone to effectively fight 8 to 12 lb fish. I think it's an excellent value and while it's not my primary steelhead rod I'll have it with me on all future trips.

------------------
    Joe B
    SW Ohio

"I grew up in PA, I work in Ohio. My heart still belongs to PA."
    Joe Bertolini

I'm pretty sure I've heard they're swell too.

It's a very good rod for the money!
    Our TU chapter has 6 of them.

------------------
    **MW**

Cortland is a quality company, as is every Sponsor of FAOL (that is why they are allowed to be Sponsorsof FAOL)!

All of the Sponsors have good products, and good service on what they make or sell(that is why they are allowed to be Sponsors of FAOL)!

All of the Sponsors, sell their products for a reasonable price, depending on the cost of making the product or suppling the service (that is why they are allowed to be Sponsors of FAOL)!

Buying from a Sponsor of FAOL, is the next best thing to drawing a "Sure Thing", while holding a "Inside Straight" in a High Stake Poker Game, or knowing the Winning Numbers for tommorows Powerball Drawing!

~Parnelli

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 26 March 2006).]

Fish,

The Cortland rods are real gems.

I used a few GRX's for a while, ... then when the shop "mentionned" that I should actually buy one instead of "test driving" them for 2 seasons

I forked over the extra 20 bucks for the a couple of CL's ... That was 'bout 6-8 years ago and never regretted it.

Right now, ... both of my trout rods, ... Sage XP's are in the hospital, ... and I've been using the Cortlands again. Kinda wonder why I bought the sages

imho, ... the GRX "feels" heavier than the CL's ... but that's me.

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/travel/quebec06fishin/:5c088]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:5c088]
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:5c088]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:5c088]
    Christopher Chin

I guide with Cortland rods and wouldn't go without them.

i use thier rods and lines-like both-but thier reels-not so much??of course i only live a few miles from store and factory in ny-so return and warranty is one of the best?also know quite a few guides around here who use thier equipment for thier guiding buisness?

------------------
    bob faorite past-times winter steelie fishing-fall bow-hunting-would write more but with my typing i would be here for wks.??

+ Reply to Thread