Thread: Wanted: Used setup - 9/10 weight

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default Wanted: Used setup - 9/10 weight

------Edit: Due to some changes in my financial situation I am no longer looking to buy a rod in the near future. Thank you though to everyone who gave me information or let me know they had a rod for sale.------

After some very helpful information from some very helpful people I am now looking more in the 7-8 weight range.

I am looking for a used flyrod/reel (and maybe line if you've got one in good condition) in the 7-8 weight range to buy for my boyfriend for Christmas.

He is the one that got me into fly-fishing and we both have 5 weight rods which means that sometimes I tie flies that we aren't able to cast, especially when they are waterlogged. And we fish mainly for largemouth bass - so we want to use largemouthed flies!

So, if anyone has a setup that's not seeing much use, and would like to sell it to someone who will enjoy it and take good care of it for many years to come, let me know!
    My boyfriend and I both want to do our part to reduce the amount of waste/excess/trash that is an inevitable result of a consumer-driven economy. So we'd prefer to spend $ on a used setup than a brand-spanking new Bass Pro brand or something like that.
    And also, I am a college student. So I just want to say up front, maximum I could possibly spend would be $150.

Thanks!
    Last edited by AlbaSurf; 11-30-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.