+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: William Fitzgerald

Default William Fitzgerald

Hello all,

I just recieved news this morning that Bill had passed away yesterday.

http://hosting-24267.tributes.com/sh...erald-89877498

He will be missed by his many friends.

fishbum
    Last edited by fishbum; 11-23-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Well gee...I was hoping for some better news when I opened the thread this morning. Instead I let a deep sigh. I'll miss him. May he rest in peace.
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

I'm so sorry to hear this. Bill was a very special person, and he will be sorely missed.
    Last edited by Betty Hiner; 11-23-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Mr. Fitzgerald was one of you that felt like a friend although I never met him. I am very guilty of placing him and his generation on a pedestal, those who left their families, loved one and peaceful life behind and charged into the teeth of the most severe conflict history had ever seen. He was one of the many who snatched freedom from the teeth of a enemy who would have devoured it and imprisoned the world.

Prayers for him and his loved ones.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

May God bless you Mr Fitzgerald.

As i look out my window this morning at the new fallen snow, i'm listening to my wife cooing to the border collie that visits from next door nearly every day to beg for snacks. The wife has let the dog in for a bit to warm up for a while. This dog is an outdoor dog and has a thick coat but the past couple of years we've noticed she stiffens up in the winter...more this year already. My wife is hand feeding her some of those little dogbone shaped biscuits from the store that we keep for her and as i look out the window again i see a patch of blue sky. I'm very happy to be alive.

Mr. Fitzgerald joined FAOL in 2001 and has been a big contributor all these years.

I'm so sorry to hear about William's passing. He was always such a considerate person who consistently added value to the discussions and threads here on FAOL. I will truly miss him.

Jim Smith

Like others, this is not what I was expecting to see when I opened the thread. William was a gentleman in every sense of the word and a true American Hero. I will miss him.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I will miss him...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Oh my, that really hurts. Bill was VERY active in teaching the Boy Scout Fly Fishing merit badge and before that taught hundreds of people how to tie flies. I wish there was some sort of honor roll here on FAOL to thank in some small way those who have contributed so much to our sport.
    Rest in Peace Bill, God Be With You.

+ Reply to Thread