Thank you Thunderthumbs ( love that name ) and LadyFisher for your responses.
Since I posted my e-mail, I have had the opportunity to talk to a few people concerning this rod. The comments are very positive, like you would expect from a Hardy product. One comment kind of stayed with me though, and it was this: " The Angel2TE is a lot of rod. It is very fast loading and if you are the type of fisherman who fishes 8 to 10 hours a day, you will probably tire before you're done." Since I am 66 years old and yes I do fish those long hours, I'm not sure now.
Also, I am hearing very good comments on the Hardy Zenith Sintrix that is coming out next year. I believe it will be available in early spring. I might wait and have a look at one of those before I make a final decision.
And Ladyfisher, yes you are right, it makes a lot of sense. I have always said that one day, I would treat myself with a quality rod; quality is probably not the word I should use here. I have been fly fishing for over 50 years ( hard to believe ), but I started with my father when I was 9 years old. I bought a hardy rod and reel in 1972 and fished with that rod for about 10 years, until I broke it by closing a car door on it. I still have and use the reel though. It is a Hardy Marquis, by far not their most expensive, but it is still going strong after 40 years.
By the way, I love this site. I had not gone into it for a while, and it is more amazing than ever.
Ladyfisher, I want to mention that I have a sister and brother-in-law who have been living in Arizona for about 20 years, in the Scottsdale area, and they absolutely love it. You surely will also. She and her husband are both golfers and they don,t fish. It's the only thing wrong with them...