+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS - Our man in Canada - November 15, 2010

Blog Entries

Default BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS - Our man in Canada - November 15, 2010

BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS

Quebec is a paradise for fresh water angling. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of lakes, mile after mile of rivers and countless streams. We have Pike, Muskies, Arctic Char, Brook trout, Rainbows, Sun fish, White fish, and Land Locked salmon, Bass, Walleyes and Carp.

We also have a few Atlantic salmon rivers. Well, actually something like 117!

Chris,

Thanks for the info! I've fished for the landlocked Atlantics in the tribs of Lake Champlain in up-state New York. I plan to visit Maine & the provinces of Canada some day to fish for the sea-going variety! I love tying those Rat patterns. I have a lot of hair-wing style salmon flies that I've tied over the years, and I am ready to put them to good use!

Best regards, Dave S. ( a frustrated Atlantic Salmon fisherman in Pennsylvania )

Chris,
    You tell it like it is. Having gone out with Chris I learned enough to catch salmon. Go on up, buy a license. There is even a place you can do it onthe river and leave your money and application in a slot in the door. Then walk to the river and fish. Most casts were less than 50'. The terrain was not too difficult and the friendliness of other fisherman was perfect.

I will return Chris, I promise. I just don't know when.

jed

Jed! Anytime!! There's always a pot of fresh coffee at camp and a slot for you on the river!!

Dave, ... Here's a trick: We fish often with Rats, in anything but low flows. We let 'em swing right down to a dangle at the bottom of a run, ... you see, they do a pretty good imitation of a trout fly too and one just never knows when a big sea run trout will be tucked up tight into the seam!
    Christopher Chin

+ Reply to Thread