The weather around here is starting to cool down. But this afternoon, it was pretty hot on the Bitterroot.

Fished a PSC for one sweep down this run, and followed with a second, rather fast trip down it with a brown over yellow Double Bunny.

Things started happening pretty quickly as I landed two smaller rainbows in a matter of minutes. A short time later, I picked up this bow.

This pic was taken at 15:36.

After a couple hits and two fish that hooked up and fought very well before taking their long distance release, this brown ate the PSC and came in for a photo op.

This pic was taken at 15:45.

Rounded out a Bitterroot Triple with a cutthroat that ate the Double Bunny.

This pic was taken at 16:08.

The cutthroat was the last fish on for the day. I had a couple pretty solid hits on the Double Bunny before hooking up with the cutt.

That's the most action on the Bitterroot on streamers I've had since I started fishing it just over a year ago. Five in hand, two on and off, and several hits all in under an hour. One of the two LDRs was most likely a brown a bit smaller than the one landed, and the other LDR was probably a cutthroat about the same size as the one shown.

And here I was thinking that with the colder weather setting in it would slow down

John