FishnDave,

My basic answer to all your questions could simply be YES! I have not heard of this streamer type until now. With out even trying one, I can see that they would be deadly. I will be tying some in the future. I'm Big on streamer fishing! I like to use longer hooks to increase the odds of a hook-up on fish that might strike short on a fly with materials that extend out beyond the hook bend. I would tie them with cone heads/wire or both, definitely some with no weight. I fish them in fast and slow water - streams and ponds. I fish them slow and many times fast and radical. I fish them like a normal minnow/wounded minnow/minnow trying to get out of dodge. Sometimes while working a stretch of stream I will make 2 or 3 passes, each time working the streamer with a little more action - normal swing/short and long stripping/wiggle rod tip side to side, creating a jerking motion/strip and wiggle etc. Many times the biggest fish are caught on the 3rd pass. All that action just becomes too much for the big fish and they come charging out after the streamer. Most of my streamer fishing is done with a floating WF line, even on ponds. I have used some sink-tip lines on my 7wt set-up for steelhead and landlock salmon - no weight on the streamer or leader. You could catch fish on just about any color combination. How you fish it is probably more important. Most of my streamers are tied on #6/#4/#2s with the average hook length 6X long, with some 10X long (mostly for trolling). I call my streamer fishing "combat fishing" because there is nothing finesse about it. You are presenting meat to meat eaters, and the fish are not going to be nice about it either!LOL!!! Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Dave S.