Ok, can some one explain to me this situation. I am standing in the middle of the river using a double fly rig, split shot, and indicator. I want to fish the far side near the bank, but how should I cast this entire rig so that I get it in the spot I want. Usually when I cast my fly, my leader will stretch out, and my indicator will not follow. I think what I need to do is to overcast the target so the indicator lands where I need it to go. Then the indicator will get pulled with the flies to the right location. Do you get what I am saying? I dont think that my rig when I cast is making it possible to achieve a proper drift. Obviously you want the flies to hang below the indicator, but I think my flies are drifting behind the indicator, and I am not covering the water that I need to be at

Anyone think that I am right on trying to cast the INDICATOR to the appropriate spot and then the flies will fall in line with the indicator? I have always tried to cast the flies to the spot I want, and I think this is a problem. Any ideas?