+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering selling this combo....

nighthawk Guest

Default Considering selling this combo....

.... but not too certain of an asking price. Cabela's Traditional 6'6" 2pc 2wt beautiful dark green blank with rosewood seat, lightly used cork grips and up locking reel seat. Reel is a Cabela's 3-4 wt Prestige Plus I spooled with backing, Cabela's Prestige WF-3-F bright green line and Scientific Anglers L2L leader. Extra spool is lined with backing, Cortland WF-2-F peach colored line and leader. Comes with a nice Cabela's rod Tube. Medium-fast action rod that throws easy 50+ foot casts for me. What would be a fair price for this rig?

The reel has been used more than the rod but all well cared for.

Last edited by nighthawk; 11-03-2010 at 05:50 AM.

Eric,
    I sent you a PM.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Tell you what Eric- you give me $50 and I'll "store" it for 6 months. Then if you decide you really don't want after 6 months I'll send you $50 for it. How's that sound?

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lotech View Post
    Eric,
    I sent you a PM.
    You guessed it Joe. Although this rig has landed several trout from 7" to 20"+ it's primary duty was still waters for gills and crappie. The lines were cleaned and treated after I used the rod the last time as well as the rod itself. They will be cleaned a treated again before I sell this to anyone. The pictures really son't do that reel any justice as one cannot hold it and feel how smooth it's action is nor how good that drag system is. The finish on these Prestige Plus reels leaves a bit to be desired as far as durablility goes but the action makes them worth the price and more.

Quote Originally Posted by swen View Post
    Tell you what Eric- you give me $50 and I'll "store" it for 6 months. Then if you decide you really don't want after 6 months I'll send you $50 for it. How's that sound?
    Swen,
    L.o.L. I think I will pass on that one.

50% of retail would be a fair starting point in my mind. Swen's offer is not that unreasonable for a used older model rod/reel. You might be able to get a couple of bucks more, but it'll be in that ball park.

Dang Eric, I thought I had you on that one. My pillaging and plundering skills must be getting rusty.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by whatfly View Post
    50% of retail would be a fair starting point in my mind. Swen's offer is not that unreasonable for a used older model rod/reel. You might be able to get a couple of bucks more, but it'll be in that ball park.

Ah you might want to read Swen's post again. Also you didn't take into consideration the spare spool and line. Including the extra spool, line and backing I have just over $140 invested and the rig is about two and a half years old. Also consider you cannot get that rod (discontinued for the Traditional II model) in that weight at that length anymore. Nearest you can get in the new rod is 7'6" 4 weight 2pc with the reel, line, backing (no spare spool, line, backing) for $129.00 listed here:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishi...ine/711513.uts

Extra spool, line and backing cost me an additional $35 bucks.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swen View Post
    Dang Eric, I thought I had you on that one. My pillaging and plundering skills must be getting rusty.
    Hey swen such a small rod won't work for them monster corn fed Iowa gills ya know!

Eric,
    What you should REALLY get for that outfit is the urge to USE it again! Please don't throw in the towel....We're all praying for you.
    Mike
    ps: Do I really need to drive over there just to give you a good swift kick in the keister?
    Last edited by ohiotuber; 11-04-2010 at 12:21 AM.
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mikey pick me up 1st so we can each give him a swift kick and then share a cold one together.....

Now wouldn't that be a blast!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

+ Reply to Thread