+ Reply to Thread

Thread: balsa wood collaboration flies

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default balsa wood collaboration flies

Here are 3 of my favorite flies from balsa wood bodies Charlie Brown designed, and created. I think these are 3 of my favorites. I painted and dressed the flies. I just tried to do them justice.

Kelkay,

I really like the paint job on the green one.

Balsa is lots of fun to play with, ain't it?

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

Blog Entries

Thanks Buddy. Actually the spots are darker on the green one than it is showing in the picture. They are all as dark as the top middle one. I guess the shine made it look lighter. I put Bug Bond on this whole set of flies. I used the Lite Version. I am very happy with the Bug Bond for protection and covering the balsa wood bodies. I loved the balsa wood bodies that Charlie made.

I liked the paint job on this one, but it was harder to dress. If I am not mistaken that one has a rattle in it, and it is probably by far the largest fly in the batch. I love balsa wood, but I have to be in the mood to paint the bodies. Once I am done with a batch, I don't want to do any more immediately. But once I start again, I enjoy it very much.

Very nice flies Kelly. I too like the paint job on these. Now, just find time to fish them.
    Steve

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    Very nice flies Kelly. I too like the paint job on these. Now, just find time to fish them.
    Well I probably won't fish two of them. I have several others I have done. I usually set aside the better paint jobs for viewing. (which they are in the minority) I have a quite a few foam poppers, and some balsa wood ones now to try out. Glad you liked them Rookie. Now I have these under my belt...it is time to move on to Salmon flies again...hehehe. I am just starting out in that direction, as you know. Still waiting on some materials, and also I have some in the freezer just waiting for me to play with them....fashioning flies out of fur, and feathers. What a great hobby...

Very nice job on all four. I especially like the lepopard frog diver. Super paint job capturing the spots just right. Now, let's see you go cast those beauties deep into the brush where the big bass are hiding

Jim Smith

Great Looking Balsa Flies!!! Thanks for posting pictures!

Blog Entries

Lebengeek, thank you for commenting, and you are quite welcome!

+ Reply to Thread