Good article. I take issue though with using Armor All or any household chemicals on expensive fly lines. Armor All is water soluable and so is short lived on lines. Some even say it caused their lines to crack (but not before blaming the line usually!)
Why risk it? The real line cleaner and conditioner recommended by those who manufacture fly lines is not all that expensive and does the trick without worry. $4-5.00 to get a treatment made specifically for fly lines is cheap insurance when used on lines that can cost upwards of $100.00.
Before using any line treatment it might be worth it to clean the line first with a mild bar soap such as Ivory. This way you aren't just trapping grime under the line treatment.
Also, those micro-abrasive pads by SA and Rio really do a swell job at making modern lines act new again. I would not use them on lines where the slickness comes from a coating on the surface but on those whose slickness is built right into the coating material they bring a fresh, dry finish to the surface.
As you might tell, I am downright finicky about my fly lines and consider them the most important part of the fly delivery system we use.